Soul mates are forever waiting for ‘the moment’. That set moment that makes everything in the past worthwhile and for all lined up for a specific purpose, to be united with their other half. I truly believe that Bayu and I are soul mates; we could be no more different than each other, totally different back grounds, countries, religions and cultures. It is a miracle that we met, as it happened through such a specific chain of events via a mutual friend at Uni, Aika (our cupid) – whose name means Love in Japanese. She was an International Student from Japan.
After a little over 5 years of dating, and returning to Australia, we just knew that we were meant to be. With my parent’s permission, Bayu chose the date 10/10/10 to take me to the first beach we visited when we were newly dating.
The day had almost cyclonic conditions, pouring rain, roaring wind (Bayu’s name means Wind in Javanese). Nevertheless, dinner still went on, even though we had to climb over tree branches hunched under an umbrella. After we returned to the apartment (Plan B – as the beach was a wreck!) … he got down on bended knee and asked for my hand in marriage. I will never forget this moment as the Caloundra Music Festival was in the background and the song ‘Hallelujah’ was softly playing in acoustic. My answer could only be Yes.
Everyone in our Wedding Team was also selected because of their awesome personalities as we wanted positive vibes surrounding us during the lead up and on the actual Wedding day.
Our colour scheme was modern coastal with hints of Balinese design, inspired by our natural beach surroundings. We added hints of cobalt blue throughout the ceremony, especially in our Bridal Entourage to offset the cream and white tones.
- Photographer: Alan Hughes Photography (07) 54483007
- Videography: Enticing Films 0403611289
- Ceremony Location: Maison La Plage Grove, Noosa Heads QLD
- Reception Venue: Noosa Waterfront Restaurant, Noosaville QLD
- Ceremony /Reception Decor: First Class Functions (07) 5474 0299
- Shoes: Mitzy – Cobalt Blue
- Bridal Accessories: Diamond Earrings a gift from the Groom
- Groom’s Attire: Ron Bennett
- Bridesmaid’s Outfits: Custom Design by the Bride.
- Groomsmen’s Outfit: Ron Bennett
- Wedding Bouquets: First Class Functions (07) 5474 0299
- Celebrant: Wanda Rogers
- Hair: Amber Currie 0418 994 154
- Make-Up: Heart Makeup by Sandy Langtry 0419 388 082
- Cake: Cupcake Teahouse by Suzie 54768467 / 0409065626
- Music: Anna Parton Music – firstname.lastname@example.org